SEG Systems Frequently Asked Questions
What does SEG stand for?
A Silicon Edge Graphic is a high resolution, dye-sublimated fabric that’s finished with a thin silicon strip. The thin silicon edge is easily inserted into SEG Systems’ aluminum frames- creating a clean, powerful look for any space. Learn more…
What is the benefit of an SEG frame?
The top 8 benefits of SEG frames are:
- Seamless Art
- Minimal Wall Prep
- Easy Installation
- Lightweight Frames
- No Glare
- Environmentally Stable
- Read more…
What types of SEG frames are there? Do they have to be mounted on a wall?
With 92 extrusions available, our SEG frames come in all shapes and sizes. They can be single or double sided, customized to any 2D or 3D shape, and scaled to any size.
SEG frames don’t have to be wall-mounted, they can also be freestanding or suspended– meaning you can integrate SEG frames into any space! Learn more…
What kind of accessories can I add to an SEG frame?
Our frames can be enhanced with a variety of 3D lettering and merchandising accessories. We offer 12+ solutions for 3D lettering and logos, both lit and non-lit. With modern technology, your letters can be made from aluminum, plastic, wood, and LEDs.
Our merchandiser display accessories include product glorifiers, floating shelving, and slat walls. We also offer a variety of accessories for freestanding frames with the option of mounts, stock feet, shaped feet, rolling feet, and baseplates. View more…
What should I consider when purchasing a lightbox?
There are 4 major variables to consider when buying a lightbox:
- Size– the size of the lightbox will determine which lighting solutions will work best with the frame. Ex: a larger lightbox means more distance that the light must travel.
- Brightness– the brightness of the environment will determine if the lightbox should be half-lit or full-lit. Adjusting the brightness of a lightbox can enhance the aesthetic of your space.
- Single or Double Sided– the location of the lightbox will determine if it needs to be double or single sided. Ex: if you want a bright window display, a double-sided full-lit lightbox will probably be the best solution to enhance both in-store and curb appeal
- Cost– the cost of the lightbox will be determined by the size, lighting solution, accessories, and more. Considering these additions, with their cost in mind, will help determine what solution is best for you! Learn more…
What are SEG Systems’ lighting options?
We have more than 19 lighting solutions to fit in all types of environments and SEG frames including perimeter bars, RGBW mesh, light guided panels, optix and more! View more about our lighting options.
What are SEG Systems’ capabilities?
We’re an in-house manufacturer with all our capabilities under one roof:
- 92 Extrusions Available
- 11+ lighting solutions
- 1000+ Powder Coat Colors & Finishes
- Metal Fabrication/bending
- Millwork and CNC Machining
- Custom Fixtures and Displays
- 3D Printing
- Read more…
What are the benefits of using SEG Systems’ products in my retail space?
More than a frame
- Design displays with unique shapes, sizes, & textures
- Modular without construction
Custom merchandising displays
- Create a display that fits your product perfectly
- Solve problems with our custom solutions
- Elevate your brand
- Generate additional footprint
How can I revamp my creative strategy at tradeshows and events?
Create an environment
- Floor to ceiling branding
- Conference rooms & photo ops
- Integrated technology
- Digital and virtual experiences
- Modular to fit without construction
- Conceal products in hidden storage
Promote sustainability & safety
- Reusable and built to last
- Safety barriers and efficient flow
How can I upgrade the appearance and functionality of my office space, showroom, or athletic complex?
- Enhance aesthetics with unique shapes and textures
- Integrate technology and digital features
- Create a mood with programmable lighting
- Rearrange your space with modular cubicles
- Replace graphics with easy-install prints
Fill open space
- Showcase products with pedestals and display cases
- Utilize blank hallways
- Separate spaces with room dividers
What is a modular display?
Modular displays are merchandising solutions that are flexible and maximize functionality. Our modular merchandising system collection offers the option to resize your shop-in-shop, pop-up shop, or merchandising display to be larger or smaller, depending on the size of the retail or tradeshow space. Additionally, these displays are reusable and built to last due to their rearrangeable layouts and exchangeable graphics. Learn more…
What is SEG Systems’ process?
First, we’ll talk through what you’re looking for and design the perfect solution for your brand.
Our estimating team will price out the design and send it over to the engineering team- they will ensure that your project is ready for production.
Then, you’ll be paired with one of our dedicated project managers that will oversee your project through every step of its journey.
In the shop, we’ll cut and clean the frames, add lighting, and insert graphics. All frames are tested in-house by our quality control team, guaranteeing that your project is exactly as designed.
After that, the final product will be packaged in custom boxes or crates and then shipped out.
Last step is installation- most of our frames can be assembled at an associate level, but we also offer professional installation for more complex projects! Read more…
What are the benefits of working with SEG Systems?
Our greatest asset (besides our people) is our diverse offerings of products and services that allows us to offer our customer a customized solution.
As an in-house manufacturer, we are able to give our customers quick and accurate estimates, integrated production capabilities, and the ability to follow the entire process: from inception to installation.
Further, we have both domestic and international manufacturing and sourcing capabilities, giving our partners the ultimate flexibility and assurances for hitting deadlines and getting the price they need.
In summary, the greatest advantage in working with SEG, as your custom manufacturer, is that we can look at the entire project holistically and approach the project from not only a brand image, but from a structurally sound design with a multi-viewpoint lens.
We would love to work with you! Contact us today to get started.
What range of services does SEG Systems provide?
SEG Systems offers a range of services allowing us to provide a turnkey experience to our clients such as:
- Site Survey
- Custom 3D Renderings
- Graphic Design
- Project Management
- Quality Control
- Custom Crates and Packaging
- Onsite Install
Does SEG Systems manufacture on-site?
SEG Systems’ 130,000 sq. ft. facility is located in Charlotte, North Carolina. We’re able to provide on-site cutting, bending, lighting, painting, powder coating, CNC, and millwork production. We even make our own crates for each shipment! This means that when you work with SEG Systems, you can be proud that your products are 100% assembled in America.
What are SEG Systems’ powder coating capabilities?
A few of the benefits of SEG powder coat capabilities are:
Does SEG Systems’ offer any specialty frames?
We offer a range of specialty frames to bring your project to the next level such as:
- Corner Frames – Create a seamless piece that helps you get noticed on all sides with corner frames. By taking graphics from 2D to 3D, you’ll be catching eyes from all directions. Learn more…
- Rigid Frames – We offer a range of extrusions that hold a rigid print inside the frame that slides in with ease. Learn more…
- Reverse-load Frames – Maximize your space while minimizing your pain. Reverse-load graphics help to get your graphics up close and personal with windows without all the hassle. Double-sided graphics have never been easier. Learn more…
- Trigon Frames – Using a tension lock at every corner. SEG Systems’ trigon frames are strong enough to create a tabletop, but still light enough to mount to a wall or suspend from a ceiling. Learn more…
- Cube Frames – Use our cube frame as a pedestal to highlight your products or as a suspended frame. When you take your branding to another dimension, there’s no way for customers to miss your graphics. The more sides, the merrier… right? Learn more…
Can SEG be used to build custom structures?
Silicone edge graphics go beyond just frames and lightboxes. They are lightweight and easily assembled, making them ideal for use in a number of custom structural systems. Some of the most common structural uses for SEG are:
Learn more about our range of products here.
What is the SEG Systems design process?
Our designers and engineers approach every project as an ‘original,’ incorporating a wide range of aluminum framework, extrusions, laminates, fabrics, media and graphics. From wood to fabrics, steel to alloys, plastics to glass, we create and build out of all types of materials. We couple state-of-the-art manufacturing & printing technology with expert craftsmanship to produce unique and tailored solutions. Contact us to get started on your project.
Do you offer installation services?
Yes, we do! All of our frames come with user-friendly instructions on assembly and installation, we can arrange for an SEG team member to come on-location and supervise your install, from beginning to end. We can also provide assembly and installation videos upon request! Fees may apply for this service.
Check out our standard assembly guides here!
What are the benefits of using one of SEG Systems’ modular merchandise systems?
SEG Systems modular merchandise systems include a wide range of segmental fixtures and accessories that were intentionally design to offer you the ultimate turnkey, customizable solution by offering a number of benefits such as:
- Modular to fit any size footprint and design
- In-house manufacturer (American assembled)
- Shorter lead times (weeks not months)
- Reusable and built to last
- Allows for maximum flexibility when merchandising
- Built to accept your existing shelving, face outs and other accessories
- Ability to integrate SEG graphics with non-lit frames and lightboxes
- Customizable for your brand
Learn more about our modular merchandise systems here!
How can I customize my modular merchandise system?
Each of our five unique display systems are built to maximize flexibility, functionality and accommodate any size footprint. They can be used alone or in conjunction with your pre-existing fixtures or accessories to resize and enhance your retail space, pop-up, shop-in-shop, or merchandising display. Looking to customize even further? We got you covered, with over 1000+ paints, PMS color matching, powder coating and finishes, light integrations, millwork, customized lettering, accessories, and fabric graphics.
Learn more about our five modular merchandising systems here!
Does SEG Systems offer prototyping?
Need a prototype before placing a large order? Looking to solve a problem but need a custom solution?
Our team offers prototyping to guarantee the product is exactly what our customer is looking for and is as functional as possible. Our engineers are constantly testing and enhancing our products to make sure we provide the best solution that we can. Prototyping also fosters open communication with our clients- SEG Systems prioritizes our customers’ happiness and will work tirelessly to guarantee their satisfaction!
What is dye-sublimation printing, and what are the benefits of dye-sublimated prints?
SEG Systems utilizes dye-sublimated prints for all of our graphics. Dye sublimation printing is a printing technique where inks react to heat and transform into a gas. This gas penetrates into the fabric creating a print where the ink is directly embedded. The result is a sturdy, high-quality print that has an incredibly high range of color and detail.
- The brilliant (and long lasting) colors. The chemical bonding of ink with fabric ensures your graphics will withstand the test of time.
- Their glare-free look. Compared to duratrans and digital screens, you can be sure your signage is seen from every angle with a glare-free SEG print.
- Versatile uses in an aluminum framing system. Square? Triangle? Circle? The possibilities with SEG framing systems are endless.
- Seamless printing. Whether you want a ten inch or a ten foot wide print, there’s a seamless solution for that.
- Cost-effectiveness. Dye-sublimated SEG prints can be rolled, shipped, and stored with ease so that you can re-use and save prints for any season.
- Durability. Because dye-sublimating printing allows the color to permeate the fabric, as opposed to settling on top, the graphic doesn’t have the same risks of scratching or fading that other print methods do.
Learn more about our dye-sublimated prints here.
Can SEG Systems’ rollout my retail project across more than one of my locations?
Absolutely! Whether it’s one store or 100, our team at SEG Systems’ has the infrastructure and skillset to rollout your design across all of your locations seamlessly. No matter the size of your project, our team is dedicated to ensuring that we provide a turnkey and stress-free experience from concept to creation and shipment. We collaborate with our clients to understand their needs and design a solution that fits exactly what they need. Learn more about our largest rollout to date here.