Print Isn’t Dead: Dye-Sublimated SEG Prints in Retail
Digitally printed soft signage is thriving…
…and that’s not just us saying that! In a recent article published by Elizabeth Quirk of Digital Output Magazine, SEG is taking over the retail industry, leaving rigid prints in the dust. Quirk states that “today, the use of fabric in display and POP is the direction more retailers are taking as it can offer a higher end look over rigid signage, is easily manageable for storage, and reduces shipping costs, which is a huge factor when planning a national rollout. What’s more, fabric provides an enhanced visual appearance and introduces the sense of touch.”
Wouldn’t have said it better, ourselves, Elizabeth! With increased opportunities for brand engagement, the ease of installation, and quick turnaround time for new graphics, SEG systems are a no-brainer for visual merchandising and marketing leaders. Dye-sublimated prints have changed the print industry because of:
- The brilliant (and long lasting) colors. The chemical bonding of ink with fabric ensures your graphics will withstand the test of time.
- Their glare-free look. Compared to duratrans and digital screens, you can be sure your signage is seen from every angle with a glare-free SEG print.
- Versatile uses in an aluminum framing system. Square? Triangle? Circle? The possibilities with SEG framing systems are endless.
- Seamless printing. Whether you want a ten inch or a ten foot wide print, there’s a seamless solution for that.
- Cost-effectiveness. Dye-sublimated SEG prints can be rolled, shipped, and stored with ease so that you can re-use and save prints for any season.
Sharon Roland, advertising and PR Manager at Fisher Textiles, said in an article by Digital Output Magazine, “the most popular application for fabric displays and POP is SEG because of the clean look and wow factor. SEG fabrics have a slight stretch for an easy assembly and a tight fit. They can also be front lit or backlit as a bonus.”
Retail stores across the country are taking the print industry into account when revamping stores, leading stores that were once ready to close their doors to instead, designing a totally rebranded experience for their customers.
So don’t let go of print just because digital seems to be “all the rage” – we’re not robots (yet) after all! The proof is out there: print isn’t dead, it is alive and thriving!
STAY IN THE SEG LOOP
Subscribe to SEG Systems' newsletter to stay up-to-date with the latest and greatest inside scoops from the wonderful world of frames and displays.