SEG Systems is a custom aluminum fixture manufacturer. Our Millwork division is producing fixtures from CNC routed goods. We are looking for an experienced Millwork Engineer to add to our team. Salary based on experience.
- Working closely with project coordinators and production members, the Millwork CAD/CAM Engineer is responsible for detailed CAD drawings, and creating cut sheet packages (CAM) for architectural millwork and cabinetry designs.
- Track record as a team player in creation of millwork and cabinetry.
- Samples / Portfolio of work beneficial.
- Proficient with all shop equipment and practices: CNC router, Edge banders, band saw, table saw, hand routers, chop saw, power tools, hand tools
- Works with Project Coordinators to identify scope, schedule, budget and specifics for millwork projects
- Flag areas of concern regarding design or functionality, provide input for approval of drawings and work with designers and project coordinators to address and resolve concerns
- Identify and utilize the most efficient and practical methods for fabrication and installation of designs; standardize whenever possible
- Prior Experience with and or Knowledge to operate CNC machines
- Proficient in calculations and measurements
- Ability to multitask, work under pressure completing jobs with scheduled deadlines while maintaining great attention to detail
- Works well with peers to achieve team goals
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Flexibility to work overtime to achieve/maintain schedule
- Flexibility to operate CNC machine when time permits or as a backup
- Associates Degree preferred but not required
- 3+ years’ experience in designing/drafting in an architectural millwork environment
- Proficiency in Alphacam. Or other comparable CAD/CAM software.
- Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative environment
- Solid understanding of cabinetmaking manufacturing methods
- Hand sketching a plus
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance