SEG Systems has an opportunity for a Metal Fabricator/Welder in Charlotte, NC area. The primary function will be to perform various duties setting welding fixtures, assemble and clamp parts and MIG/TIG weld joints on a variety of parts and assemblies following standard practices and procedures.
Hours will be 7:00 AM-4:00 PM Monday – Friday with opportunities for weekend overtime as needed/or required per business needs.
This is position is hourly and pay dependent on skill level.
- Exceptional MIG and TIG welding skills
- Fabrication: 5 years (Preferred
- Welding: 5 years (Preferred)
Qualifications and Skills:
- MIG welding experience, formal Mig welding training or able to complete and pass a welding test.
- TIG welding experience, formal Tig welding training or able to complete and pass a welding test.
- Prior fabrication experience in sheet metal and plate steel
- Possess critical thinking and reasoning skills to solve a problem
- Experience measuring and cutting to blueprint specifications
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints for welding symbols
- Verify conformance of workpieces to specifications, using squares, rulers, and measuring tapes
- Align and fit parts according to specifications, using jacks, turnbuckles, wedges, drift pins, pry bars, and hammers
- Position, align, fit, and weld parts to form complete units or subunits, following blueprints and layout specifications, and using jigs, welding torches, and hand tools
- Study drawings to determine task sequences
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Weld, grind and straighten parts per prints and specs.
- Able to accurately read a tape measure
- Perform setups or simple weld fixtures for short run jobs.
- May use gas torch to cut notches and heating parts for bending as required.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Observe all safety rules, regulations, and practices.
- Maintain productivity and efficiency standards.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs up to 60 lbs.
- Assist Department Leader with daily duties.
- Other jobs and duties as assigned.