SEG Systems has an opportunity for a MIG welder in Charlotte, NC area. The primary function will be to perform various duties to set welding fixtures, assemble and clamp parts and MIG weld joints on a variety of parts and assemblies following standard practices and procedures.
Hours will be 7:00 AM-4:00 PM Monday – Friday with opportunities for weekend overtime as needed/or required per business needs. This is position is hourly and pay dependent on skill level.
- Mig welding experience, formal Mig welding training or able to complete and pass a welding test.
- Weld, grind and straighten parts per prints and specs.
- Able to accurately read a tape measure
- Perform setups or simple weld fixtures for short run jobs.
- Maintain productivity and efficiency standards.
- Comply with all company safety procedures and quality standards.
- Assist Section Leader with daily duties.
- Other jobs and duties as assigned
- Adjust locating rails and stops for length, width of assembly and position of components to be welded. Use assembly components as setting gauges and use tape to measure within 1/16 inch. Refer to charts and sketches for set up information.
- Place posts, horizontal and diagonal braces, connectors, foot plates or other components into fixture, rotate braces using special hand tool, position parts to stops and clamp in place using “C” clamps, quick clamps, air operated or other clamping devices.
- MIG weld bead or tack all accessible joints as necessary, remove or release clamps and remove assembly to position for complete welding..
- Manually weld connectors to beams or touch up weld from auto beam welder as required.
- May use gas torch to cut notches and heating parts for bending as required.
- Maintain the work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Observe all safety rules, regulations, and practices.
- Perform other similar or related duties as assigned or instructed by supervisor.
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs up to 60 lbs.